DIY fundraising is for anyone and everyone who has a passion for health justice and wants to give back to their community.
It's easy to set up a fundraising campaign to raise money for San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Do you love to bake cookies? Great! Have a virtual bake sale and sell your homemade goodies to your friends and family. Is your birthday coming up? Have your social media network donate in honor of your big day. Do you love to run? Awesome! Run 5 miles in a loved one's memory and challenge your supporters to match your mileage and donate to your cause. Absolutely anything you can think of can be made into a fundraising opportunity - it is really that simple. We'll be there every step of the way to help turn your passion and great idea into the perfect fundraiser.
Step 1: Register and decide what kind of fundraiser you would like to do.
Step 2: Create your fundraising page. There are plenty of tools and templates in your online fundraising center to help you customize your page, describe your story, and promote your fundraising campaign/event.
Step 3: Spread the word! Email friends and family and post on social media to get the word out about your campaign and make it a success!
Step 4: Contact your support team at San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Want to talk about your fundraising campaign? Need to hear about the programs your fundraising will support? Give us a shout! We're here to help.
Yes, it is free! There is no registration fee associated with DIY fundraising. When you're ready to get started, click here to register and set up your fundraiser.
The money you raise will go to help San Francisco AIDS Foundation's programs and services that support those most impacted by HIV. Read more about our mission and the programs and services we offer.
There is no minimum goal for DIY fundraising. You can edit your own fundraising goal to whatever amount you're comfortable with. And you might even find yourself raising your goal once your fundraising campaign is underway!
- Birthday celebration - Have your network donate in honor of your upcoming birthday
- Registries - Put your SFAF fundraiser on your wedding or baby shower registry to allow guests to donate in lieu of gifts
- Training for an endurance event? Fundraise dollars for miles as you train!
- Trivia Night - Host a trivia night for friends and family.
- Artist or photographer? Auction off your work and donate the proceeds.
- Raffle - Organize a raffle and sell tickets for the grand prize drawing.
- Do something crazy, like shaving your head, if you hit your fundraising goal.
- Mask Sale - Put those sewing skills to use and donate the proceeds of selling reusable masks to your network
It's so easy - just start your fundraising here!